“Have you heard the song ‘Ain’t Misbehavin’ ’?”. Or choose the Symbols tab and enter the Unicode number (00A0). Louis Armstrong (August 4, 1901 – July 6, 1971), nicknamed Satchmo or Pops, was an American jazz trumpeter and singer from New Orleans, Louisiana. Louis Armstrong’s Hot Five recorded ‘Ain’t Misbehavin’ ’ for Parlophone in 1929. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Maintaining Editorial Consistency in a Changing World. With his instantly-recognizable gravelly voice, Armstrong was also an influential singer, demonstrating great dexterity as an improviser, bending the lyrics and melody of a song for expressive purposes. D section; drums re-enter, violins and trumpets introduce new syncopated ragtime theme. In 1929, when the song “Ain’t Misbehavin’ ” became a big hit, composers Thomas “Fats” Waller and Harry Brooks probably weren’t too worried about that final apostrophe. Aint misbehavin chords by Louis Armstrong with chords drawings, easy version, 12 key variations and much more. Playlist, Written by: Andy Razaf, Fats Waller, Harry Brooks.

For example, in MS Word and Google Docs, thin and hair spaces act as nonbreaking spaces—even though they are listed as breaking spaces in the report.

FAVORITE He also contributed to the revisions of the last two editions of Kate L. Turabian’s A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations. Louis Armstrong’s Hot Five recorded ‘Ain’t Misbehavin’’ for Parlophone in 1929. “Ain’t Misbehavin’,” Louis Armstrong’s Hot Five, Parlophone R. 462, 1929, label (Internet Archive). Coming to prominence in the 1920s as an inv…, Louis Armstrong (August 4, 1901 - July 6, 1971) nicknamed Satchmo or Pops, was an American jazz trumpeter and singer from New Orleans, Louisiana. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Editor’s Corner posts at Shop Talk reflect the opinions of its authors and not necessarily those of The Chicago Manual of Style or the University of Chicago Press. Or maybe you’re working for a publisher in the UK or elsewhere who uses single quotation marks: Louis Armstrong’s Hot Five recorded ‘Ain’t Misbehavin’’ for Parlophone in 1929. And that only adds to the confusion. Lyrics.com. For an illustration of this scenario in CMOS, see the last three examples in paragraph 14.94.

Here’s that same example, this time with the nonbreaking spaces highlighted in red: When an apostrophe comes at the beginning of the first word in a song title, it’s best to add a space between the opening quotation mark and the apostrophe, even though in most fonts the marks will be oriented in opposite directions (and therefore somewhat easier to distinguish): “ ’Deed I Do,” composed in 1926 by Fred Rose, with lyrics by Walter Hirsch, has been recorded by many artists. He was also skilled at scat sing…, Louis Armstrong (August 4, 1901 - July 6, 1971) nicknamed Satchmo or Pops, was an American jazz trumpeter and singer from New Orleans, Louisiana. In the following sentence, the apostrophe in “Ain’t” is clear, but can you identify the one at the end of the song title? Note that punctuation never precedes the apostrophe, because the apostrophe is part of the word—and that’s true in any style (see CMOS 6.118). Louis Armstrong - Ain't Misbehavin' (traducción letra en español) - No one to talk to ....all by myself / No one to walk with.....I'm happy on the shelf / Ain't misbehavin'.....savin' all my love for you / I know for Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web!

Can you sort out the apostrophe from the quotation marks in this example?

Example Of Seasonal Unemployment, Great Value Pure Vanilla Extract, 16 Fl Oz, Disco Pigs Amazon, Dave Robinson King Harvest, Sea Salt Vs Table Salt Taste, Justin Berfield 2020, Coles Gift Card Balance, 2 Kg Black Forest Cake Recipe, Where We Belong Song, The Bleeder Netflix, Specflow Vs Cucumber, T/c Medical Abbreviation Meaning, Xbox One Controller Elite, Assassin's Creed Unity Multiplayer Not Working 2020, Falling From Grace 90s Song, Liangelo Ball G League Salary, How To Make Chicken Shawarma Kebab, Vanilla Price In Kerala, Best Tactical Knives, Ware Meaning In Tamil, Assassin's Creed 3 Guns, The Eye Of My Mother Wiki, Selling Alcohol Hanafi, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan Weather, Law Entry Requirements, Bright Horizons Fremont, We Are Called Lyrics And Chords, Haryana Vidhan Sabha Question 2020, The Old Man & The Gun, Fixed Term Contract Rights, Xbox One Vs Ps4 Sales, Vacation Pay On Commission Ontario,