But then I had to take a step back and tell myself they’re only getting a snippet of an idea of who the character is. So I stuck to what was established as far as voice style.

What's interesting is that even though their lines are almost identical, the differences in voice work give Alexios and Kassandra distinct personalities. Fun fact: Michael Antonakos played a role in that gorey, low-key, 2008 movie, Oddyseus and the Isles of the Mists. Youre so right! FACE. Yeah I'm going for the cocky dialogue options and he fits perfectly, By constantly sounding gruff and boisterous, he comes across as a bit one-dimensional. I think I might play in Greek (with subs of course since I don't speak the language). That moment wasn’t pain for him, but fear, of the unknown, something he’s not used to, and something he doesn’t know how to control, so, he explodes… brutally. In motion-capture sessions, did you ever find yourself needing to copy or imitate an expression, gesture, or nuance of your partner? As a Greek, I instantly knew that the actors were Greek too. He does deliver some moments quite well (first time he as Deimos meets Kassandra is mostly great but even during this scene he kind of screws it up), but most of the time, in my opinion, he's just too one-dimensional. But when you play it beside Mel’s more natural lighter sound, which allows for more ups and downs in range, it can seem more one level. We need a boi like Elias - he already did the trailer, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the assassinscreed community. Being of Greek decent, it makes me really happy that they hired Greek actors. YOUR.

Best PC games I tried to imagine how a character, a younger sibling would evolve, being the “rejected one”, someone who had undergone what Deimos had to undergo whilst growing up. And usually music helps me with that. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, It is only a matter of time before I catch the last of them. For news, discussion and more about Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed franchise. Rock Paper Shotgun and RPS are registered trade marks of ReedPop Limited. When Mel was brought on, Ubisoft flew us both to Quebec City where we spent a week getting to know each other, and the game team. The feeling of having been abandoned, but at the same time possessing a god-like strength. Black Friday Melissanthi: WHhhhhoooah. While well-written and expansive, much of the story’s appeal can be laid at the feet of its charismatic leads. Assassin's Creed Odyssey cultists - all the Cult of Kosmos locations, Assassin's Creed Odyssey arena guide - how to become the champion, Assassin's Creed Odyssey map guide - how big is the map, legend icons, Assassin's Creed Valhalla Oxenefordscire Treasure Hoard location and rewards. Best Warzone loadout for Season 6. The other scene I enjoyed was between our father (Elias Toufexis) on the mountaintop, those moments were some of my favourites, the choice options were so elevated. I’m female but I’ll be playing as Alexios. And, I think she did the motion capture too! lol. The accent was just too perfect to be fake. What were the intentions behind your performance? Do your best and hope for the best. We are a great team and I adore working with her. I just imagined making a character who grew up in Sparta, one of the toughest environments in the world for a child, then he gets forcibly thrown of a cliff and left for dead at six years old, has no more formal education, has to survive by becoming a headhunter for hire as a young man and has little trust for anyone… and he’s an animated video game character. I guess its personal preference, i found nothing wrong with Alexios's voice acting, i enjoyed his character. I’ve played as both but preferred Kassandra as the misthios.

There is little room for compassion and sympathy in them because they were never shown any. But some of what I’d done, stuck with me. Alexios sounds almost too gruff and angry for me, it might get kind of grating after awhile. Men like us /u/david246msi we never get back the things we love. It centred me. Better immersion (I know ancient Greek is different than modern one but I assume there are similarities and frankly, I won't be able to tell), also I kind of have difficulty with their English accents (probably just need to get used to it). Melissanthi: Generally it depends on the medium. New PC games 2020 I absolutely loved those.

I realized how hard the job of a voice actor is, being in a room with no one else to act off of and relying completely on your own imagination to create the scene and setting that you are asked to bring truth to. Michael Antonakos is the voice of Alexios in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Seriously. Michael: I did create my own backstory, and then the writer’s filled us in on the backstory they had created. Overall though, it’s nice to have the choice to play as either! Kassandra voiced by Melissanthi Mahut Alexios Voiced by Michael Antonakos Edit: Both are Greek natives! Melissanthi: For me the Deimos version had to have elements of Alexios/Kassandra in one way or another. Does Alexios have layers and complexities that can be missed in certain isolated scenes? Couldnt have said it better myself!!! How did you adjust your character to become this dark reflection, and why? Especially at first. What's interesting is that even though their lines are almost identical, the differences in voice work give Alexios and Kassandra distinct personalities. Melissanthi: I loved anything that had to do with unleashing anger and sarcasm. Slow and brooding, making others unnerved and uncomfortable, ruling through fear and intimidation. We decided on their humour and how they felt about their upbringing. I can't shake feeling like i'll be more satisfied with the VA on my 2nd playthrough because of these friends. to craft dialogues sequences from a pool of pre-recorded voices. I think Melissanthi and I had slightly different ways of expressing ourselves but not by much.

Just personal preference though. I'm not feeling the male voice. I also really preferred Alexios as Demios, I 100% believed he had been tortured for 17yrs by cultists and found him genuinely quite intimidating. Ubi good job casting voice actors that fit their cultural background, makes the characters feel much more authentic. That was probably one of the biggest lessons I have received to this day. It was beautiful and painful, and I loved watching Melissanthi act that day, she was brilliant. RPS: What do you do to get into your character, particularly when they have to fit so many player-defined avenues, as well as the dual role of Deimos? A big favourite were scenes with children. That made it hard to navigate and stay consistent; avoiding the issue of the characters feeling like they are [doing] different scenes. No one said anything to me about adjusting, so I just kept doing it. There was a difference in approach that made for varied performances from both of us, and the NPCs. You know, a work colleague said something to me that I thought was very useful. Maybe I should look into that. ® © 2020. He does make a mean misthios and easily paints Alexios as a tough, agitated, and sometimes more arrogant character not just in speech but also in the facade. I always pick guys but here I can't wait to play as Kass. I can understand that some prefer Alexios' cocky and prideful attitude compared to Kassandra's snarky and sarcastic demeanor. Michael: I would say the scene with Deimos and our mother (the incredible Maria Syrgiannis). However, I can understand that that may appeal to those who want a boisterous and cocky Alexios. I love their enthusiasm, and look forward to hearing more about them and from them. The hard part was working out of different studios for the VO elements of the game, which is the majority. For that matter, Alexios as … So I asked Antonakos and Mahut themselves, who taught me about Ubisoft’s craft in producing games on a massive scale, and the methods the actors used to make each hero their own. I mean if it is stage, film or, now, mocap.

By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Tbh this applies to everything in life lol. For film and mocap it’s slightly different. I had never had any experience with mocap before this. RPS: Whichever character the player doesn’t choose after the prologue becomes Deimos, an agent of the Cult of Kosmos. Connor in German is way better in my opinion.

Here's where to find the Oxenefordscire Treasure Hoard. Michael (continued): The voice was a decision; I didn’t really even know what Alexios looked like when I started building him. Kassandra's voice had more subtlety from my observation. I'm gonna play Alexios anyways, though I'll probably do another playthrough where I'll play as Kassandra. I felt like he had to be different, and sound different. From what I've seen so far I like her VA much more than Michael. At the same time, we really haven't seen much gameplay with him and some of the segments I've seen him in were quite well done, just less dramatic I guess. https://twitter.com/mlssmahut/status/1006545983084351488, https://twitter.com/MikeAntonakos/status/1006345280319442944. I would listen to it while walking around, getting into his body, his physicality, his walk. By constantly sounding gruff and boisterous, he comes across as a bit one-dimensional; I think he delivered some of the intense and emotional moments quite well, but in other situations it's just excessive. It was even more so after the release.. criticism is very much wanted, useful, often constructive and then sometimes it can be just plain blunt and one-sided, but what can you do. Above the world and everyone in it, and they want to keep it that way. We had our own styles, but did our best to match gestures and movements. RPS: Roughly what percentage of your in-game performances were motion-captured? If Mel did something spontaneous or funny in a scene and I was up after her, I would take it and use it, and vice-versa. I wonder if they also do the Greek voice acting. The song captured the feeling of his life at the beginning of the game. It's a femshep type of deal for me, in that the male gets the most promotion through advertising but the main character will always be Kassandra. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is a proper action-RPG, complete with romance opportunities, conversation trees, branching storylines, and bales of soft material to leap into from improbable heights. It is a brilliantly inclusive medium of expression and it flexed every single muscle that had kinda gone to sleep since drama school. On the mocap floor we constantly gave each other notes as to how we would like to approach certain scenes. Find more information here.

So yeah, he definitely has some 80’s – 90’s cartoon elements in him. I had a panic attack for sure. They both look hot! Yeah, "caricature" is definitely the vibe that I got from Alexios in terms of voice work, though I only got to the Pythia in his playthrough, which is still fairly early in the game. Yeah, he's too...emotionless. As a game developer myself, my only question after sinking dozens of hours into it is: how. I cannot begin to even.

A Dog's Journey Full Movie English, American Girl Mckenna Price, Gualtiero Marchesi Restaurant, Xbox One Stickers Fortnite, Arctic Code Vault Contributor Github, Disability Allowance Calculator, Slang For Busy Person, 2 Bromine In Carbon Tetrachloride Msds, When Does Fortnite Season 3 End, Throughput Rate Calculator, Why Does Etrade Ask For Employer, Northwestern Football 2019, St Thomas' Hospital, Anno 1800 Guide, Daily Local News, You're On My Mind Lyrics, King Size Blanket Dimensions, Slow Cook Beef Ribs In Oven 200 Degrees, Jason Becker Guitars, Webull Vs Robinhood Reddit 2020, Haryana 2004 Election Result, Michael Giacchino Paradise Found, Boozy Ice Cream Truck, Village Of The Sun, Restaurant R Evolution New Orleans Reservations, Types Of E Business, Ashen Wiki Weapons, Nursing Union Dues, Squalane The Ordinary Cleanser, Banmankhi Vidhan Sabha, Baby Duck Winery, Canción Del Mariachi Chords Ukulele, Restorative Meaning In Tamil, Starbucks Vanilla Bean Powder Vs Vanilla Syrup, California Attorney General Opinions Before 1986, Mmh2o To Literkpogas Furniture Owner,