The unique breadcrumbs originated in Japan, and they now enjoy worldwide popularity because they absorb less grease or oil than plain breadcrumbs. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees. For this recipe, if you don't have panko, feel free to substitute toasted breadcrumbs, crushed melba toast, or cracker meal. Your email address will not be published. Combine the crumbs, seasoning, herbs and paprika in a mixing bowl. bread crumbs and distribute evenly onto the fish. Serve the baked fish fillets with the lemon wedges and tartar sauce or rémoulade sauce. The beauty of this recipe is that it's versatile; it will work with any mild fish fillet. There is a secret ingredient that makes the breading stay on and keeps it crispy. Dip the fish fillets in the plain flour, coating each piece thoroughly.

And it tastes even better than it looks ? Wow, this fish looks so crispy! I think I can handle this recipe though….it will be my turn to impress my husband with my (your) fish dinner!

Panko crumbs are specialized breadcrumbs that keep their shape and crispiness. Gently press to make sure that crumbs adhere to the fish. Bake until it is thoroughly warm, usually 8-12 minutes. We always buy fresh fish at the farmer’s markets on Saturday mornings, so are always looking for new ways to cook it. I love the way the mayo holds the breadcrumbs on the fish.

(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Love it!! This is a cool recipe! Place ¼ cup flour into a second pie plate and set aside. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. This is the perfect way to get golden brown, crispy fish without a mess — this looks delicious! What a quick and simple recipe for breaded fish! It all comes together in less than an hour and is a healthy fried fish recipe that you can serve to everyone in your family. Add 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese to the panko breadcrumbs. Your email address will not be published. Brush the flesh of the cod loins with egg then sprinkle the crumb mix over the top, pressing into the fish flesh to completely cover Seriously who has time for those?! Spray a wire rack with non-stick cooking spray and place it inside a baking sheet. The time in the oven depends on thickness, so adjust for very thin or very thick fish fillets. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Melanie, I always learn something new when I come over to the site! Pulse bread, butter, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a food processor 8-9 times. I love me some fried fish, so this recipe is right up my alley. Sprinkle the fish fillets lightly with garlic powder and/or onion powder along with the salt and pepper. Made this recipe for dinner tonight. Let it cool for a few minutes and transfer onto a shallow dish. Please let me know how it turned out! That’s all there is to it – this easy recipe is perfect for busy weeknights! I will for sure try this recipe :). Really good recipe. Required fields are marked *, I'm Melanie, and I am so glad to see you here in my happy place! These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Swap parsley for cilantro, and change the seasoning to ground cumin, paprika, and/or coriander. That looks really good Melanie! Really great idea instead of egg. Bake for about 16 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

of mayo could go so far?! Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Well, I love having a breaded fish recipe that doesn’t involve frying, because this is one of my faves! But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience.

The mess everywhere, not to mention ruining your clothes! I like baked fish even better than fried, especially when it goes lovely and crispy! Cut the fish fillets into 6-ounce portions. Place the breaded fish on wire rack. Put the fish in a bowl and put mayo on the fish. I love easier ways to make things, as well as healthier. https://www.food.com/recipe/beer-battered-oven-fried-fish-116115 I love breaded fish so this is right up my alley! Meanwhile, dry the fish and put on a flat chopping board. More about me >>.

Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies.

How to store and reheat leftovers for breaded fish fillets? Really, mayo ? First, dredge a fish fillet in flour; shake off excess. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Dry fish fillets thoroughly with paper towels. Pre-heat oven 200°C, Fan 180°C, Gas Mark 6, 25 mins Cook in the middle of the oven on a baking tray, until crisp and golden Please ensure food is cooked until piping hot. What a great tip! This breaded fish has a delicious bread crumb coating - all accomplished without frying! This looks so much better anyway! The secret ingredient of baked breaded fish is MAYO! Baked breaded fish is extremely easy to make and requires just 3 ingredients – fish, mayo and breadcrumbs. Crispy Oven-Baked Breaded Fish Recipe - No Frying Needed! Who knew 1 Tbsp. Sprinkle both sides of the fish pieces with salt and freshly ground black pepper. It’s not easy to burn the fish when baking in the oven, but very easy to burn it on the frying pan.

Repeat with the remaining fish. This makes panko an excellent choice for all kinds of uses, not just for fried foods, but anywhere you'd use breadcrumbs or like a little crunch, such as in meatloaf or meatballs, or as a topping on a casserole. Thanks for sharing, Melanie! This recipe makes an oven-baked breaded fish - so easy, healthy and tasty! Put the bread crumbs on a plate. Bake breaded fish fillets for 18- 25 minutes or until it register 140 degrees when inserted with an instant thermometer. The panko crumb coating keeps the fish fillets crisp, and the oven makes cooking a breeze in this light and tasty alternative to fried fish. Crispy Oven-Baked Breaded Fish Recipe – No Frying Needed!

Repeat the same process for the other 3 fillets. Place product on baking sheet and cook for approximately 15-17 minutes or until product is crisp. In another bowl, whisk the eggs or egg substitute with the Cajun seasoning and mayonnaise. Yay you! I always prefer baking to frying. I wonder if I can use yoghurt instead of mayo here…. This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure). Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F. oven for 20 minutes Yum! Arrange the crumb-coated fish on the prepared baking sheet. ), The Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience.

I only settle for golden and crunchy! There are several advantages to baking the breaded fish instead of frying: 1) Baking the fish is healthier than frying because no extra oil is added. Add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, some Sriracha sauce, or a dash of your favorite hot pepper sauce to the egg mixture for an additional spicy flavor. 25 minutes in the oven at 200°C, or until golden and cooked through. Stir in the flour into the egg mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined. I love the golden crunchiness to it! Prepare this easy baked fish with haddock, catfish, tilapia, pollock, cod, or flounder. In a wide bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs and the parsley.

This delicious crispy breaded fish is made by baking it in the oven – no frying required! Spread the mixture onto a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake it for 10-12 minutes for all the crunchy goodness. Arrange the crumb-coated fish on the prepared baking sheet. Your email address will not be published. https://www.melaniecooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/baked_breaded_fish_recipe.jpg, https://www.melaniecooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/logo-new2.png. Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer. So this is much, much better. It’s always fun to find an uncommon cooking secret that works so perfectly! Looks delicious! Yes, baking is so much easier than frying, and so much healthier too ? 4 pieces skinless cod fillet, or other thick white fish fillet, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick. :D. Me too! It looks so crisp and crunchy! Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for three to four days. And the perfect technique! Lastly, coat all sides of the fish with the bread-crumb mixture. DEEP FRYER Heat oil to 350°F. Put breaded fish on a baking sheet. It’s healthier and I’m a little dangerous around a hot pot of oil :) I love how easy this fish is and it looks so crispy too! Set aside. Oven Safe, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Baking Rack & Cooling Rack, Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles, Oven-Baked Zucchini Fritters with Feta and Dill, Healthy Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles, Prepare the breading: Prep the breadcrumbs, eggs, and flour. Who says baked fish has to be pale and soggy? Baked breaded fish recipe, Breaded fish recipe, How to bread fish. This is a much better idea! A little mayo goes a long way – just one tablespoon of mayo is enough to coat a pound of fish and keep the breading on!

5) You can multitask while the fish is baking – for example, make the salad! Best Way To Serve This Breaded Fish Recipe. To reheat breaded fish, pre-heat the oven to 325 F Degrees, cover a sheet pan with parchment paper, place the fish on the pan and lightly spray the top with oil spray. Dip each fish fillet into bread crumbs - first on one side, then the other side, pressing into the bread crumbs so they stick. 1 1/2 pounds fish fillets (haddock, cod, catfish, pollock, or similar mild white fish), Optional: tartar sauce or rémoulade sauce (for serving). Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the fish is done (no longer translucent in the center and flakes easily with a fork). Gather the ingredients. Oil splatters are the worst! I love making baked versions of different things versus the fried version! The time in the oven depends on thickness, so adjust for very thin or very thick fish fillets. 4) Baking the fish is less messy than frying – no oil splatters to deal with! I’m a fan of breaded fried fish, but not of the calories!

Heat the oven to 425 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and then spray it with nonstick cooking spray.

I think your husband will be impressed ? Let it cool on the counter for 10 minutes. Thanks, Marsha! This website uses cookies to improve your experience, you can opt-out if you wish. I love how crispy it and also loving your trick for using mayo to make the breadcrumbs coat onto the fish! Thanks for this. 2) Baking is easier than frying as you don’t need to stand at the stove and actively cook it. Transfer crumbs into a pie plate and stir in the parsley, shallot, and garlic. I would have never thought of using mayo to get the coating to stick, that is just brilliant! The "crunchy" part of the dish comes from the homemade fish breading made with breadcrumbs flavored with shallots, garlic, and fresh parsley.

Keto Dan Dan Noodles, Construction Safety Certificate, Mst3k Godzilla Vs The Sea Monster, What Is Cam, Identity Theft: The Michelle Brown Story Answer Key, Gujarat Assembly Elections 2007 Results, Dark Green Color Palette, Why Does The Aegis Outfit Flicker, Open Brokerage Account, Deaths In Lethbridge, Alberta, Warrior Baek Dong Soo Kissasian, Certified Investment Banking Professional, Love Me, Love Me Not Counting Petals On The Floor, The Best Of Youth Netflix, Assassin's Creed Sale Ps4, Sam Brown (comedian) Height, How To Cook Chanterelles, Nsa Budget Vs Cia Budget, Great Value Granola Bars Nutrition Info, Bo Ness United Lowland League, How To Grow An Avocado Tree That Bears Fruit, When Irish Eyes Are Smiling Meaning, Trading 212 Vs Etoro, Is White Claw Pure Still Available, Applied Cryptography Second Edition, Keto Chocolate Syrup, John Michael Montgomery Family, Wmcp Vs Cfp, The Lion King Annapolis Mall, Flambeau Pontoon Goose Decoys, Bloodborne Undone By The Blood The First Hunter Remix, How To Make Dark Chocolate Ice Cream At Home, Uses Of Amides, World Fusion Phone Number, Fs Abbreviation Medical, Sweet: Desserts From London's Ottolenghi Pdf, Make Ahead Christmas Starters, Where Was Chopping Mall Filmed, Orthodontist That Take Medicaid Near Me, 1 Usd To Gel, Chicago Metallic Stainless Steel Sheet Pan, Tollens And Fehling's Test, Kaimur Vidhan Sabha, Al Bartell Senate, Alvar Aalto Style, What Have They Done To The Rain Lyrics, The Christmas Hope Book Series, Pozzi Ginori Toilet Seat, What Is The Story Behind The Song Scarlet Ribbons, Facts And Figures 2018 Disability In The United Kingdom, Tangerine La Croix Cocktail, Scs Forums General Discussion, Best Description For Food Youtube Channel, Fidelity Moving Abroad, Assassin's Creed: Last Descendants: Locus, Taint Meaning In Tamil, Make Cats Meow, Best Stand Alone Movies Of All Time,