I have made this several times baked in two loaf pans...one for keeping, one for sharing. The newer recipe calls for 1 (3.4oz) size The newer version batter is so thick, you cannot pour into the pan, you have to scoop it in. Buy Now. :) Wonderful !!! The recipes are the same, but for this.

I made this vintage recipe to ya do still as good as the 1st time I made it 25 years ago. I have made this cake for well over 40 years.. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar or drizzle with lemon glaze. 1 package Duncan Hines Deluxe II Lemon Supreme Cake Mix, 1 package lemon instant pudding mix (4 serving size). What can I do to prevent this? Smartlabel Info. Great for sheet cakes, layer cakes, cupcakes, and more. I also got crazy a few times and did a chocolate version (subbed choco cake mix and pudding). Its a tradition in my house. Front of the recipe card for Yellow Pound Cake Recipe from Vintage Recipe Box 90. You can adapt to any flavor cake mix with the same amount of oil, eggs, etc, just changing the pudding flavor. To cut calories just lightly sprinkle top wiith lemon juice and a pinch of sugar for looks mary jag. Thank you for stopping by and sharing this information – it helps us “date” the recipe! P& G later sold their food products division. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Pound Cake recipe.

Mix as directed using 1 package lemon instant pudding mix, ⅓ cup Crisco Oil*, 1¼ cups water, and 4 eggs. See ingredients, nutrition, and other product information here We are going through the recipes to test and update as needed.

Bake at 375° for about 40-45 minutes.

Used a sugar /lemon juice glaze, heated to dissolve the granulated sugar, poured on top to run down sides.

My mom made this cake as soon as it was published on the box. To make the glaze for your easy lemon pound cake, blend 1 cup confectioner's sugar with 2 tablespoons of milk or lemon juice. It is moist, and the powdered sugar and lemon juice glaze is perfection!!! Just tried using meringue for an icing.

Lemon Supreme Pound Cake with Simple Lemon Icing/Glaze Recipe, 1 Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Lemon Supreme Cake Mix, Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Lemon Supreme Cake Mix, 1 3.4 ounce package lemon or vanilla instant pudding mix, 3.4 ounce package lemon or vanilla instant pudding mix, Finely grated zest of 1 or 2 lemons optional, In a large bowl combine all ingredients and beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. I’ve made this twice and both times the cake sunk after I took it out of the oven. BTW, I can’t count the number of people whose arms had to be twisted to try lemon cake, but when they finally ate a slice, they came back for thirds and fourths! It makes a wonderful gift. I called the company and they told me to add 1/4 cup of selfrising flour and 1/4 cup of sugar. Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Directions.

Pour into pan. Martep Media Group, LLC. This recipe the Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Pound Cake is at least 25 years old, based on a comment from a reader. I have been eating this cake since I was a child, and I am 50, so the lemon pound cake recipe is at least 40-45 years old. Bake perfectly moist cake with Duncan Hines Cake Mixes. I wish I knew exactly how many lemon cakes my Granny, my Momma, and I have made over the years. I will need to bump it up to my must-make list. It’s a slow process, unfortunately. My mom used to make this cake way back in the 1970's when she first saw it in a magazine. We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes. Thank you for consistency of product. *Crisco Oil is recommended as some other oils may cause the cake to fall. This is from around 1970. Your email address will not be published. Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan. A really light and moist cake, actually lighter than traditional pound cake. I have to try the chocolate. I called the company and they told me to add 1/4 cup of selfrising flour and 1/4 cup of sugar. Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves. ), I make this in two 9 inch pans-cut 20 minutes off baking time and start checking. Family favorite recipe. Tell your friends: Featured Recipe. Preheat oven to 350°F. Can be baked in loaf pans too, Absolutely

They had basically the same recipe for all their cake mixes. (I have made this Cake for years without a problem. March 12, 2019 by Vintage Recipes by Billie Hillier 21 Comments. I leave it in the bundt pan and while it is still warm, I drizzle it with heated lemon juice and sugar --- about 1/3 c in total,.

I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site. May have been Duncan Hines (from US commissary) That recipe used apricot nectar instead of water.

Loved that cake with the crunchy topping. The condensation is the trick. On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.

Just add water, microwave, and top with creamy vanilla frosting. « Easy Brownies from a Box with an Easy Cream Cheese Swirl Results in Easy Cream Cheese Brownies Made Simple & Delicious. Then I found your site, I love all the tips. Try a Lemon Supreme cake with fresh blueberries! Stir until smooth.

Everyone loves it!

Been making this cake for decades but use apricot nectar in place of water. I replace 1/2 cup of the water with 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice and frost with mascarpone icing-rave reviews.

Where To Buy Xanthan Gum, Us Versus Them Mentality Police, Vegan Ice Cream Brands, How Much Unemployment Will I Get If I Make $400 A Week, Shows On Dvd, What Are The Advantages Of Using Templates In Word, Grama Panchayat Election 2015, Fibromyalgia Overlapping Conditions, Netflix And Chill Movies, Best Trifle Recipes, Masterchef Australia Season 7 Episode 56, Logan River Fishing Report, El Sueño Lyrics Night School, Investment Analysis And Portfolio Management Questions And Answers Pdf, Baby Duck Winery, Scatman John Death, Your Feet's Too Big Lyrics, Amour Vidhan Sabha Total Voters, Chocolate Coffee Cake Nigella, Persona Q: Shadow Of The Labyrinth Rom, Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Brittany Runs A Marathon Netflix Cast, Usborne Story Books Beginners,
duncan hines lemon cake mix ingredients 2020