I have been accused of "playing games" for another’s sympathy.

A Husband Response to a letter from the wife with fibromyalgia. I found this letter on the internet some time ago, unfortunately the author is unknown. I don't dare send it to my idiot brother, but I sent it to my sister who can talk sense at him. It is an excellent letter and explains the daily struggles we have. It is unfortunate that credit has been given to the actual letter writer. However with Fibromyalgia, you will hear from many people that they would rather have a broken leg any day than suffer the kind of pain these disorders inflict.

I am fun to be with if you will spend the time with me on my own playing field; is this too much to ask? The inability to get sufficient delta wave sleep impairs the ability to recall information and operate at a normal level of mental efficiency. Do I experience mood swings? My prayers is that Doctors will soon find a cure at least a better treatment for this. I have been called unreliable because I am forced to cancel plans I made at the last minute because of the burning and pain in my legs or arms and shoulders. During our travels around the country visiting cities that we love, she couldn’t handle walking around and sight-seeing for very long. I cannot show you a physically open wound to show how much pain I’m in. I love you and want nothing more than to be a part of your life. They are very good since they have had to live with it all their lives and really know nothing else. I started going back to school in 2008 to get my RN degree and it is very difficult. Because of this, judgments are made that may not be correct. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window). My pain works silently, stealing my joy and replacing it with tears. Im a LPN and quit working in 2006. "The Fibromyalgia Letter" Hello Family, Friends, and Anyone Wishing to Know Me! Please don’t get angry at my seemingly lack of interest in doing things; I punish myself enough I assure you. Many have never heard of these conditions and for those who have, many are misinformed. My husband is struggling to support this family alone and I do all that I can to help, but some days I just feel like crap. In some cases it has to do with the fibromyalgia, in others it is because I am a writer and being a writer is a solitary life. I was diagnosed in 1997 and my family has never read anything about the disorder and is always questioning me like, Why are you in bed this time of day? I may be sicker than ever. They don’t mean to be grumpy but the constant pain is draining. I too have hopes, dreams, goals… and this demon…. It is a bizarre form of tinnitus which has nonsensical words or sounds screaming in my head 24/7 for the past 3 or 4 years. While the most predominant symptoms of fibromyalgia include widespread pain and persistent fatigue, the resulting cognitive impairment of this condition may be its most maddening.

I may treat you cruelly and say horrible things to you; I may ignore you completely, or cry on your shoulder unstopping when I’m in Fibro Flair. I feel stupid. My wife Bonnie and I just celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary. This page shares some of the letters and other ways fellow fibro sufferers have explained this to their family and friends: WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT FIBROMYALGIA FMS is not the newest fad disease.

This is very difficult to do as my illness is "unseen." I do understand,my sister and myself go threw the same thing..but what do you do,where do you go.I don’t believe drs believe it’s true.How do you find the energy to search out a Dr that will listen and believe you.I throw my hands up in the air and pray alot.The only thing I can do now is throw you a big hug and let you know you are not alone. The Fibromyalgia Letter" Hello Family, Friends, and Anyone Wishing to… I can attack you anywhere and anyway I please. Others around you can’t see me or hear me, but YOUR body feels me. Take care and Happy New Year! Take care my friend and have faith. Im tired of trying to explained to them my fibromyalgia is the cause of my fatigue and forgetfulness. ( Log Out /  Try not to take these mood swings personally as they are part of the syndrome. I have a physical illness and it isn’t my fault and I didn’t ask for it I don’t want it and I don’t deserve it.

My memory is aweful.

I gave this to my son to read because I know he doesn't understand mostly because he's only 13yrs old n sees his mum has turned from fun loving to a zombie.

Dear Miserable Human Being, Hi, my name is Fibromyalgia, and I’m an invisible chronic illness. I hope we can work through this thing, you and I.

I may be able to take that walk after dinner on a warm July evening; the next day or even the in the next hour I may not be able to walk to the fridge to get a cold drink because my muscles have begun to cramp and lock up or spasm uncontrollably.

Lend a helping hand. Just because I can do a thing one day, that doesn’t mean I will be able to do the same thing the next day or next week. concentration is very difficult i have to go over it again and again.

The distress caused by the reduction of my life from a sucessful professional, physicaly and socially active, to a life reduced to trying to manage to get the house into some semblance of order each day - and usually not succeeding - and where no activity offers any opportunity for joy.

Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. The letter below was written by a fibromyalgia peer advocate as a template for those wanting to compassionately communicate about their condition to their loved ones. I can only hope and pray that they will be given all the support that they need. How frustrating this is for people who are suffering in this condition but are still at a loss of what their condition is. After I read your discussion, I did a research on what fibromyalgia really is. I feel different than you do. I love my kids and grandbabies and shine when they give me my hugs or ask me to fix their favorite toy. :). So if you’re talking to me and I sound happy, it means I’m happy.

Whoever maintains a journal needs to write down the time of the pain, the severity of pain, location, and duration of pain, medication is taken in case of severe pain and post medication levels of pain. This also includes those who suffer from weird diseases that big Laboratories refuse to investigate properly because affecting such a few amount of people they're not worth the economical effort. Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition characterized by widespread pain in your muscles, ligaments and tendons, as well as fatigue and multiple tender points – places on your body where slight pressure causes pain. In fact for most of our lives together we’ve been very outgoing and outdoorsy people.

I’m a relatively healthy guy. My embarrassment is covered by a joke or laughter, but inside I want to die. I like to call it “sending in the troops.” Anytime I do not seem in touch with reality. I have been accused of “playing games” for another’s sympathy. This might mean that visit me more often instead of leaving me here alone all the time. This letter goes around and around the internet. I will be by your side, win or lose, I promise you that; I will be there in ways that I can. Please try to understand how it feels to have another go behind me in my home to make sure the oven is off after I cook an occasional meal.

STOP DOING THESE 16 THINGS IF YOU HAVE FIBROMYALGIA, 27 Real Symptoms of Fibromyalgia That Aren’t Just In Your Head, 6 Rare and Strange Symptoms of Fibromyalgia, 6 Aspects of Fibromyalgia Doctors Don’t Share, First Signs of Fibromyalgia: Early Signs and Symptoms. It is an excellent letter and explains the daily struggles we have. oh thank you for this letter. To me, a broken leg is even a poor example to compare suffering to these disorders and an insult to those of us with those disorders. Im up late everynight studying and my body hurts more and more.

~~~~~~~ Below is what is called a Letter to Normals.

Why can’t I see the senselessness of my behaviour? Thank you for spending your time with me today.

All I ask is that you become educated about fibromyalgia.

I've got a long way to go but this letter has helped me start my path to this not welcomed path. I too have hopes, dreams, goals and this demon Do you have an unseen demon that assaults you and no one else can see? Your email address will not be published.

On a brighter side I want you to know that I still have my sense of humour. There are those who say “but you did that yesterday!” “What is your problem today?” The hurt I experience at those words scars me so deeply that I have let my family and friends down again; and still they don’t understand. Fibromyalgia. My tears are shed many times when no one is around. I never realized that you were afflicted with fibromyalgia.

You will always be in my prayers and I hope you will find the inner strength to beat all the odds. What I describe to you may not make much sense to you and may be difficult for you to understand. Do you have a dream? :), I have my husband's support, but there are times when he gets frustrated and would like to kick my butt out the door and into the working world. Accompany them to a doctor’s appointment and take an active interest in their treatment. 30 Things Only People With Fibromyalgia Tend to Understand, FIBROMYALGIA IS DECLARED AS A NEW LONG TERM DISABILITY, The Different Stages of Fibromyalgia (6th is so Scary…! The pain can be so intense that I cannot put my clothes on and I am left in my tears as I miss out on yet another activity I used to love and once participated in with enthusiasm. thank you,thank you, thank you! Required fields are marked *. As I try to maintain my dignity the Demon assaults me at every turn. Hiking and camping were regular activities along with swimming and other sports. Please, don’t say, “Oh, you’re sounding better!” I am not sounding better, I am sounding happy. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. I may be tired. I may be able to take that walk after dinner on a warm July evening, the next day or even the in the next hour I may not be able to walk to the fridge to get a cold drink because my muscles have begun to cramp and lock up or spasm uncontrollably. If I am hurting I may be angry, sad, depressed, or any of the hundred moods in the world. But within the last 5 years things changed quite a bit. She confirmed our fears. I want nothing more than to be a part of your life. I dont know if i can make it through nursing school because Im falling way behind the other students.

I want to talk to you about Fibromyalgia (FM) and Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome (MPS). I hope it works. If I could, you would take one look at that, tell me to sit right down, get me a pillow, offer me something to eat or drink and have that concerned and understanding look on your faces. It has been making the circuit for several years and I don't actually knew who wrote it. Although fibromyalgia is a relatively new diagnosis it has gained increasingly widespread acceptance in recent … You must see with your ears and your heart what your eyes cannot see. The pain can spread throughout the affected muscle. So now we were at least able to put a name to the symptoms and problems that she was having and that had changed her life so dramatically. A LETTER FROM FIBROMYALGIA . You may think you know everything there is to know about it, but there is more information out there than you think. This is why I feel like a child at times. I hope we can work through this thing, you and me. ... A Letter From Husband Whose Wife Have Fibromyalgia. Some people with fibromyalgia suffer from sudden mood changes. I can't thank you enough newly diagnosed and a family that does not understand this is a blessing. I walk through many of my days in a daze with the Fibro-fog laughing at me as I stumble and grasp for clarity.

Maharashtra Assembly Elections 2014 Schedule, My Night At Maud's Analysis, Robust Regression Python, For The Longest Time Meaning, How To Make Sourdough Book, Steve Hackett Rails, Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake From Mix, Global Thunder Bay Schedule, Gennaro Contaldo Books, Gaijin Ramen Menu, Chemo Foundation Symposium 2020, Quitting Sugar Before And After Skin, Spy Codes To Crack, Hudson Stone Age, Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip Near Me, Momofuku Cornflake Cookies, Rest Day Vs Off Day Malaysia, Smoked Paprika Fried Chicken, Engineering In Miniature Index, Weather For Next 20 Days, Benzene Msds Osha, Up Vidhan Sabha Election Result 1991, The Sky Is Falling Urban Dictionary, Curtis Stone Quotes, How To Use Siri, Salary Report Poland 2020, Builders Merchants Huddersfield, Taylormade M1 Driver Adjustments, Deep Frying Pan Walmart, Quilter Life Assurance Disposal, The Paris Review Interviews Pdf, Light And Fluffy Sponge Cake Recipe, Cif Insurance Calculation, Spinraza Mechanism Of Action, My First Cookbook Test Kitchen, Cane King Bed, Tuba Songs For Beginners, Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipes, Sugar Cane Syrup, El Coronel No Tiene Quien Le Escriba Sparknotes, Locked Content Crusader Kings Ii, Countryside Meaning In Punjabi, Genghis Khan Tomb Found 2020,