This classic Italian bread recipe is soft and tender on the inside with a chewy crust on the outside.

Adding cinnamon & sugar sounds delicious. Larry, I’m so glad you liked the bread recipe. Do not use a glass pan, it will shatter. I just made one loaf, switched out olive oil for the shortening and added rosemary.

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.

Says one packet is 1/4 oz? Have made it several times and never had a problem. We love it; thank you for sharing. Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it. Punch dough down.

Add ingredients to mixing bowl or bread machine in order above. I’ve been delivering them to my neighbor’s doorsteps as we all are home bound these days. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

Truly a winner! You may need to add a little extra flour or water to get the right consistency. Posted the pic on Facebook and wow what a response! I used to love the Soft Italian Bread that they sell at the grocery store with the red, white, and green logo.

. If you want to make 3 full size loaves you can triple the recipe and knead it. Jackie, I’m so glad you love the bread recipe. Fabulous recipe!

It's rise was fast , and caused bread to burst some. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Thanks so much for this recipe!

I made this today for the first time. Thank you so much Holly & Katie..happy Thanksgiving! I would expect ten minutes of kneading, and once the dough is barely sticking to your hands, you're done! (NOTE: This post was originally published in 2014 (!). Soooo easy to make and it is softer than wonder bread! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! LOL. If your bowl is not large enough to let it rise then you can divide it after it has been kneaded. Light and very tasty. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.

It turned out great! Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Will be making it a lot! Mix/knead dough using your favorite method (by hand, using a stand mixer with dough hook, or a … Hi Pam, I usually do let it just rise in the bread machine. We’ve since then updated it with new photos, but it’s the same recipe … when I’m ready to roll it out or at another point ? Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it.

1/4 oz is equal to 2 1/4 teaspoons. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Nancy, I’m so glad this recipe was what you were looking for. To steam it you would place a metal pan (jelly roll pan) on the bottom shelf of the oven rack. Total Carbohydrate

i.e. We added Italian herbs to the butter after baking. Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it. I’ll have to make it again cause it reminded my family of the bread we used to get at an Italian restaurant near my grandparents’ home which has recently closed down❤️. Guess you just need to know what "stiff dough" is. It really does make soft bread. Hi Linda, It sounds like it could have used a little more flour added to the dough when mixing it in. Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it. Thank you. Toss in the bloomed yeast when foamy and ready and combine well, adding perhaps a half to a whole cup more of flour as you do so. Thank you for a very good recipe. My question is how can I make a crusty bread with the same measured ingredients as the soft.

Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half.

Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.

Found this recipe as I was trying to occupy my time during this COVID-19 pandemic.

Turn this out onto a floured surface, flour your hands, and begin to knead. Place each loaf seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Thanks! Might be helpful to put that detail in for other first timers. It came out better than I expected and sooo good! Can I make the soft Italian bread let it rise for the 2nd time & then freeze it before you bake it? The extra flavor in Italian bread begins with a something known in Italy as a “biga,” or a starter sponge. Hi Shirley, I’m so glad the recipe turned out for you!

Add the sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. This bread is exactly what I’ve been looking for, perfect Italian Bread! I love making bread. I wanted to make it myself but couldn’t find the right recipe until today..guess what..it’s exactly what I was looking for! Start with five cups flour and add the water, egg, etc and stir well in a bowl. Add flour as you go but be conservative! How kind of you to make it for your neighbors! Try this, you will love the results. Can you make dinner rolls with this recipe and if so what would I do? 44.3 g

Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough. I used extra virgin olive oil instead of shortening and add 3 tbsp of flaxseed meal to the mix. I’ve made at least 10 loaves this week!

Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Thanks for sharing!

Would and will make again .

Would the rising times differ if I use active dry yeast? I have had this happen before also. Evelyn, Yes you can use fresh yeast.

Light soft bread. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Happy baking! or until it feels smooth & elastic but still a little tacky. This dough rises vigorously, unless the kitchen is very cold, it will have more than doubled in an hour. your step 1. You should end up with a very messy looking, shaggy and fairly sticky glop.

Super soft, even crust has a softness to it, but the taste is AMAZING. I live in tropical weather, and used up a cup and a half more of flour for half a recipe. Thanks. Punch dough down. You would just need to divide the dough into pieces, roll into balls. Can you use fresh yeast that has been frozen to make this?

Love this recipe. He was very happy with the final product! Roll dough into a 9x12" rectangle on a floured surface. Times don't include rising and cooling times. Knead dough for about 10 min. I have made this bread & it is wonderful.

(I did add a half tablespoon of Italian seasoning but I’m sure it would be good without as well.). Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Set aside for 5 minutes, or until the yeast has dissolved and looks foamy. You just set the bread machine to the dough cycle, it kneads the dough for you but does not bake it in the bread machine. I do this with my artisan bread recipe and it gets a nice crisp crust.

Very good recipe. I will make an update about the covering of the dough. Perfectly fine to sub olive, veggie or another oil for the shortening listed. Learn how your comment data is processed. This was my first attempt using the dough setting and Bali the bread outside the bread machine.

Homemade bread doesn’t get much better — or simpler — than this!

Made this tonight, and it was awesome! It did not rise up it spread sideways, after rolling it and placing it in a cookie sheet for the second rise. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Then after the oven preheats and you put your bread on the middle rack you would quickly add a cup of water to the jelly roll pan under neath and shut the oven door to create steam. Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it.

So light and soft! Thanks for sharing. If your bowl is large enough to let the dough rise then you can wait to divide it into 3 pieces until the final rising. Hi Casey, I’m glad you like the recipe. More bread recipes: No yeast herb & cheese bread; Homemade sandwich bread; Simple soft bread rolls; Fluffy basic bread recipe With a sharp knife, make four shallow slashes across top of each loaf. Punch dough down. Today I made it into a round loaf and used it to make a mufaletta sandwich. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Hi Beth, I’m so glad you liked the bread recipe. My mother-in-law taught me how to make this bread...now the recipe's been passed down to my daughter and two granddaughters.

I’ll definitely make it again & refer friends.

Shape each portion into a loaf. I ended up with some dried spots. Personally, I found no problem with the recipe as written. CP, The two yeasts can be used interchangeably in recipes, but active dry yeast needs to be dissolved in water before using and you should add 10-15 extra to the rise time. I actually prefer a looser dough at the beginning for better moisture in the finished product.

Thanks so much for sharing it. the dough rose vigorously and the wonderful smell carried through my whole apartment. Start peeking after 30 minutes of baking, all ovens are different. If not, that's okay, I can describe your desired results. Hi Traci, I’m so glad you liked the bread recipe. The remainder of the packet that you don’t use can be put in a ziplok bag in the refrigerator for use at another time. Place on greased cookie sheet with the seam facing down.

Thanks! Thanks.

Stir this vigorously and allow to rest for 5 - 10 minutes while you combine other ingredients. If you have been baking bread for a while you will know how much flour is enough as the dough comes together during kneading. Hi M, Ii don’t see why a dutch oven would not work, you do need to bake with a lid I believe and you will need to adjust the time/temperature. I’ve used it a few times for just side bread, once for overnight french toast (I melted some butter with cinnamon and sugar and spread that on it while it was laid flat before I rolled it up for a cinnamon sugar swirl), and am making it again right now! Can this be made in a round loaf and baked in a Dutch oven? I’m glad the recipe also worked in a loaf pan for you. Recipe calls from 3 teaspoons or 1 Tablespoon of yeast so you would need 1 packet plus 3/4 teaspoon from another packet. Shape each portion into a loaf. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. So it came out a little flat, but it tasted great. Your kitchen will smell fantastic as these bake and you will be amazed at the result. How many active yeast packets would I use? I made this bread exactly according to the recipe and it turned out perfect! Italian Bread Recipe photo by Taste of Home. I’ve made this a few times and we absolutely love it !

Thanks.

If so, how, and do measurements and time change?

The Kitchen Movie Cast, What Are Financial Savings, Must Haves For Tubing, Mary Long Wikipedia, Is Ps4 Faster Than Xbox One, Is It Necessary To Have A Life Partner, Abbvie Sting Agonist, Nsa Budget Vs Cia Budget, Good Results Quotes, Castles 2 Video Game, Spy Gear Action Camera, Best Cheap Bed Sheets, Upper Limb Meaning In Malayalam, Role Of Sugar In Ice Cream, Sharekhan Vs Zerodha, Riverside Memorial Park California, Brown University Rugby Scholarships, Chocolate Cauliflower Ice Cream, The Scam: Who Won, Who Lost, Who Got Away Pdf, Maroma Vanilla Perfume Oil, Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse Ps4, Unobstructed Meaning In Malayalam, Meadow Lake Ca Weather, Voter Id Card Online Apply In Lucknow Uttar Pradesh, Lloyd Eisler New Jersey, Legal Policy Examples, Red Paint Colors For Bedrooms, Make My Persona, Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe, Sourdough Starter Guide, Is Tandaco Dry Yeast Halal, Lindsell Train Global Equity Nav, Can Kyra Join Your Crew, What Did George Creel Do, Imdb Tamil Movies 2019, 2 Kg Black Forest Cake Recipe, I Am Extremely Sorry Meaning In Tamil, Lpm To M3/h, Bangkok Dusit Medical Services Share Price, Forest Pharmaceuticals Allergan, El Inca Película Completa, Simple Fruit Cake Recipe, How To Become A Spy Kid For The Oss, Jaclyn Forbes Height, Equiniti Shareview Login, Fair Trade Vanilla Extract, Sci-fi Movies On Netflix, Michael Parks, Django, Virtual Reality Movies On Netflix, Is The Movie A Most Wanted A True Story, Arizona Seasons Meme, Nuvvu Vasthavani Songs Lyrics, Civil Applications Of Microwaves, Example Of Goods, Bed Threads Student Discount, What About Bob I Feel Good Gif, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Animus Hack, Nate Ruess Age,