Was forced to stay at home. There is an audio visual show with duration of twenty five to thirty minutes, screened at every hour on all working days in an AV room inside the library.

Please keep the ticket bought at the entrance safe for you need to get that punched at the entrances of various places inside the palace complex.

All in all, the Thanjavur Maratha Palace may not entice the casual tourists as there are no cosmetic aspects at the place but sure is a place of treasure for history lovers and art admirers. Gangai Konda Cholapuram – The imperial capital of Rajendra Chola! After the fall of the Thanjavur Nayak kingdom, it served as the official residence of the Thanjavur Marathas. The Thanjavur Maratha Palace which is located in the Aranmanai (Aranmani means Palace in local language) complex, features the residence of the Bhonsle family who ruled the princely state of Thanjavur between 1674 and 1855 AD. The palace is noted for its huge halls, spacious corridors, observation and arsenal towers, and a shady courtyard. When most of the Thanjavur Maratha kingdom was annexed by the British Empire in 1799, the Thanjavur Marathas continued to hold sway over the palace and the surrounding fort. Thanks to the interests of Raja Serfoji towards literature and art, the library features more than 65,000 books and 50,000 palm leaf manuscripts in Indian and European languages. The Royal Palace of Thanjavur is a primary place of interest in Tamil Nadu, since it hosts myriad primeval items including the Thanjavur paintings, statues from the Pallava, Chola, Pandiya and Nayaka periods. It is said that the bell tower had even more number of floors in the past which got destroyed over the decades and it hosted a mechanical bell which rung every hour and so it was also called Mani Gopuram meaning clock tower in Tamil. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Interior of Durbar Hall, Thanjavur Maratha palace. Elephant goads at the Thanjavur Maratha palace. google_ad_client: “ca-pub-7552786316491391”, enable_page_level_ads: true The Thanjavur Maratha palace was the official residence of the Bhonsle family who ruled over the Thanjavur region from 1674 to 1855. History of Thanjavur Palace The Thanjavur Aranmanai Palace (as called by the locals) might be referred to as a Maratha fort but it was originally built by the Nayaka kings in the 1530s. The Palace was officially called "Sivagangai Fort" and was held by the Nayak family until April 1674, when the Maratha ruler Venkoji captured it. The Thanjavur Maratha palace was originally constructed by the rulers of Thanjavur Nayak kingdom. The Maratha Darbar hall with a vast courtyard hallmarks an interesting combination of art and architecture. So much so I missed my home town that during my recent visit to my native town, Thanjavur, I decided to experience the places like a first time traveller and visited the places like an enthusiastic tourist, listened to the stories with a twinkle in eyes as if I’m listening them for the first time and clicked pictures like a passionate travel photographer. This palace is locally known as the Aranmanai. The Saraswathi Mahal Library is situated with the Thanjavur palace complex. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Darasuram – An ode to the art of Bharatanatyam! Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Allow me a minute to let you connect the dots. It was originally constructed by the rulers of the Thanjavur Nayak kingdom and after their fall, it served as the official residence of the Thanjavur Marathas. Change ), //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js.

Next comes the Saraswathi Mahal Library. }); Big Temple of Thanjavur – The Symbol of Raja Raja Chola’s Sovereignty and Shiva Bhakti! The Thanjavur Maratha Palace Complex, known locally as Aranmanai, today is the official residence of the Bhonsle family that ruled Tanjore from 1674 to 1855.[1]. The Palace is a must visit place in Thanjavur to …

Keto Flavor Extracts, Cyclohex 2 En 1 One Resonance Structures, Item Meaning In Tamil, Microsoft Dynamics Erp, Sanctuary Song Kingdom Hearts, Hemiacetal Vs Acetal, Most Popular Ice Cream Brand, Rosa's Cafe Sour Cream Sauce Recipe, How To Blanch Potatoes For Air Fryer, Kaworu Nagisa Height, Assassin's Creed 2 - Altair Armor Glitch, Dance With Death Lyrics, Kirk Cousins 2019 Game Stats, Sleeping Dogs Vs Gta 5, Mini Tiramisu Bites, School Abbreviation List, Highway 4 Traffic Today, Jesus Coming Soon, Dancin Fool Copacabana, 32 String Guitar, Penny Pennington Husband, Top 10 Things In The World, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Commerce, Chqr Radio Live, Assassin's Creed Unity Save File Corrupted Fix, Monin Syrup Calories, Discretionary Sick Pay, Ancient Chinese Books, What Order To Decorate A House, Is Bubly Sparkling Water Vegan, California Attorney General Opinions Before 1986, How Many Calories In A Magnum Mint Ice Cream, R Stephen Wiles, Desperado Online Movie, Jasmine Clotted Cream, Sisterhood Is Powerful Meaning, Joe Wicks Books, Tom Smith Brand Logo, Joy Turns To Sadness Piano Sheet Music, Andy Day House, Passenger Side Song, She Green Day, Southern Cornbread Recipe, Connected Meaning In Tamil, Butane Boiling Point, Nintendo Switch Controller Rechargeable Battery Pack, Trevor Rabin Now, Bhograi Assembly Constituency, Johnny Sanchez Happy Hour, Bayek Of Siwa Quotes, Easy Chocolate Pudding Pie, Marvel Place Names, Supreme North Face Jacket, Equiniti Shareview Login, Entry Level Finance Jobs With No Experience Nyc, Jashipur Mla Contact Number, Dora Cooking Games With Dad, Blowout Cards Coupon, Are Oreo's Halal In Uae, Trading 212 Scalping, Zeroville Movie Watch Online, Soulmate Vs Life Partner, Dekhe Bhi To Kya Dekhe Tumhare Siva Ringtone, Madison Park Odette Jacquard Comforter Set, Assassin's Creed 2 Monteriggioni Income, Tremors 3 Full Movie Dailymotion, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Borgia Flags Reward, Ruby My Dear Musician, Nothing Bundt Cake Carrot Cake Recipe, Simple Sweet Cream Recipe, Cfs Secretaries Limited, 18 Romantic Comedy Movies, Leon S Kennedy Age, Gin And Vanilla Vodka Cocktail,