I wasn’t sure if it was her shampoo or perfume, but a waft of something floral hit me, and I inhaled deeply to capture it all. “You mean, sort of like you did when you read my letter to Dear Ida? He had turned the brains of these intelligent women into mush. Riley, Riley, Riley. He’d finally broken through to me. “And when you get nervous, you twist that ring you wear on your pointer.”. His eyes were on mine the entire time, while the eyes of several female employees were on him.

I hadn’t looked up yet, but the way the man practically purred those last few words…I knew. The warmth of her breath met the cold air and formed a misty cloud between us as our lips moved closer. I huffed, “God, you’re almost believable.”, He shook his head. “It’s a little embarrassing.”, I arched a brow. “Well…I could have warned you, yes. The infuriating man forwards them along with his annoying commentary and unsolicited advice. “Oh. It’s gonna be the highlight of my month. I wouldn’t be so cocky just yet. She nodded. When she spotted me, she wiped her hand on her dress before standing up to greet us. But I know it’s a little weird.”, “No.” I shook my head. I frantically looked around, hoping that Liliana would appear and save me from this. “It’s not weird. It’s a shame you didn’t take after her.”.

“Maybe I should be as clumsy as you, just so I can return the favor and help you dry off.”. I had to look down at my chest to confirm. Mom has a collection box at the corner of the driveway. He then proceeded to tell an elaborate story about how he’d been visiting his grandmother who lives across the hall from me, and I’d been cooking leftover pizza in the oven for breakfast. Shoot!” I grabbed a thick stack of napkins from the bar and immediately started to blot at the mess. It makes her feel better. “Come on, I’ll get a new drink at the bar on the other side of the room—the one farthest away from him.”. I think you might have a different perspective after spending all day with my mom and then being at the party tonight.”. But I’d had two cups of Mom’s famous spiked eggnog, and watching Kennedy squirm was the most fun I’d had at one of these Christmas open house parties in years. “Let me hold you for a minute. Unbelievable. When we were done eating, Kennedy insisted that I sit and catch up with my sisters while he helped my mom clean up. “I thought you said your family is from Rochester.”, “They are. “I’m sorry I never mentioned it, Mom.”, “Despite the fact that you know little about me, Mrs. Kennedy, Riley has certainly told me so much about you.”, My mother waved her hand, prompting us to move into the living room. “I guess you’ll find out when someone asks us. I didn’t know if it was the way he bit his bottom lip at one point or what, but all of a sudden I totally lost it, bursting into hysterical laughter. For a half second, I almost believed that he hadn’t been bullshitting again. “If you’re in training, how did the two of you meet? Contact us - [email protected], House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City #1), The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air #. Riley’s body trembled as I slowly lowered my face to hers. I just know it.”, “Not if you trust me and just follow my lead. I’ll try to remember that.”. Okay.

She licked her lips, and I nearly groaned. Because it is quite the story. “I find it’s easier to get away with telling a big lie than it is to tell a little one.”, My sister Abby chose that moment to walk into the kitchen. But maybe that’s a good thing, and I won’t run into you-know-who.”, “Are you kidding? “Hey, Riley.”.

Contact us - [email protected], House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City #1), The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air #. I’d always loved that song. © 2020 Romance Novels Read Online. Of course, I’d failed to mention that my dad had been a career military man and that Mom’s squad were all veterans who had served with him. Well, you’re about to meet my family and understand all those facts firsthand. We’re going to ad lib the entire thing.”, She laughed nervously. Unfazed, he began to clap his hands and snap his fingers as he sang out the words to the song. Let’s get you two inside where it’s warmer.”. My. “You have a small freckle on your right breast, just…about…here.” He ran his fingertip along the scooped neckline of my dress. “Well, now you know,” I said as I hugged her. “Very nice. My mother looked between us, a tentative smile curving her lips. Maybe he wasn’t even here. But I didn’t push. “I’m not so certain you can. “I was trying to help dry you off.”, His lip twitched, and he tilted the drink in his hand in my direction. My mom has some family in New York City. Check. Before I knew it, his arm was wrapped around my waist and he was dragging me onto the dance floor. They’re making them in the back. I just want to hog her all to myself.”, My sister made an awww face and grabbed the dip. I closed my eyes. Yet I still only came up to his shoulders—his very broad shoulders. I should have known better than to challenge this man. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9… On 10, I took a deep breath and peeked one eye open.

She had really gone all out with the garland and red bows this year. You better run into him.”, Liliana and I walked in and went straight to the nearest bar. After maybe thirty seconds I felt her shoulders relax.

I’m about to start training in Houston, actually. Sorry to interrupt you two lovebirds.

That makes sense.” She took two hesitant steps toward me, and I wrapped her in my arms.

Startled, I whipped around fast, forgetting that I had a very full martini glass in my hand.

I think you look beautiful tonight.”, Kennedy looked back and forth between my eyes. You know…to get you used to my touch.

Afterwards, he snuck up behind me while I was looking out a window at the backyard. “God, how many people work at the other office? My eyes scanned the room for Kennedy, but luckily there was no sign of him. Yet Miriam shook her head at me and tsked. Story of my life lately.

The only thing moving was my head as it turned to watch Kennedy while he circled around me.

I’ve been looking forward to this for weeks. Check!Riley Kennedy's emails keep getting crossed with her male colleague, Kennedy Riley. Call me back. At one point, he grinned and raised his glass in my direction. Well, my dad’s family. “It’s my fault we’re hiding.” He gazed down at me. I’ve been looking forward to this for weeks. From what little I knew about him, he did seem more Scrooge than spirited. I hate these glasses to begin with, and I’m so jumpy tonight.”, “Jumpy, huh? “How’s my little sister?”, “Good.” She looked toward Kennedy. I shouldn’t have judged without knowing the facts.”, She smiled at me. “He’s a keeper, Riley.”, Once she was out of earshot, I groaned as I rolled my eyes. “Pizza for breakfast? “Riley likes to tell the story about how we met.

“Charming one, he is. Can you do that, Riley?”. A battery-operated Santa playing “Jingle Bell Rock” was shaking its hips in the corner. “See? I need you. You didn’t tell me you were dating someone.”. Eggnog. “You’re right. You must be stationed at the Johnson Space Center. I dug a few bucks out of my purse and tipped the bartender as I took my White Christmas martini. All this man had to do was flash that smile of his, show those dimples, and even the toughest women I knew couldn’t resist him.

“Jules? Hot romance audiobook. Until…. I squeezed my eyes closed even tighter and counted to myself. Normally, I’d get a glass of white wine, but when it was our turn to order, I pointed to a woman holding a delicious-looking cocktail with crushed red and white candy cane bits rimming the glass, and asked the bartender, “What are those?”, “That’s tonight’s specialty drink. But little by little, the act they’re putting on starts to feel like so much more than a Christmas pact - and Riley’s about to learn there’s more to Kennedy than she ever imagined. We somehow managed to survive the annual Kennedy family Christmas Eve brunch.

“I don’t know.

You were worried about nothing. “Me, too! “Her squad?”, “Mom plays Mahjong. Roaring fire.

Your mom is such a good cook, Riley. It made me smile. He’s doing much more important things in Africa.”. How did that come about, exactly?”. “Great to meet you, Abby,” Kennedy said as he shook her hand. Can’t keep your hands off me already?”, I ripped my hands away. The fact that he was just about perfect pissed me off even more. “Well, you certainly have won her over. I suppose eventually she won’t think quite so highly of me, though.”.

Instinctively, I pushed back away from Kennedy. Mr. Noseybody had a ridiculously chiseled, masculine jaw, flawless skin, and incredible eyes—a shade of blue so light that they were almost clear—and those were currently boring into me.

Mom asked me to grab some more dip from the fridge.”, Kennedy snaked an arm around my waist. Kennedy moved us through the sea of people until we landed in our own small section of the dance floor. I’ve been really enjoying getting to know your wonderful daughter.”, Determined to stay in character, I beamed at him before turning my attention back to my mother. “Your father was a freaking colonel, and your mom’s Mahjong friends are a retired major and two captains in the Army.”, I smiled sweetly. She was definitely nervous. “Well, come meet everyone, then.” As we followed her, she said, “Unfortunately, Kyle didn’t make it home this year.

Bape Meaning Slang, The Christmas Hope Book Series, Esa Student Programs, Richie Anderson Birthday, Segregation In Concrete Meaning In Tamil, Principles Of Government Relations, Two Weeks Of Anti Inflammatory Eating "clean Eating", Nadiya's Time To Eat Season 2, Cim Software And Hardware, Ben And Arthur Illustrate Which Principle Of Saving, P2p Decentralized Internet, Etiology Of Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Wood Console Table With Drawers, Sacred Heart Academy, Iran Regime Change Prediction, Folgers French Vanilla Coffee Walmart, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Hypersensitivity, Chopped Junior Casting 2021, In Defense Of Food Thesis, Walden Farms Creamer Nutrition Facts, Short-term Back To Work Enterprise Allowance, Oxidation Of Cyclohexane With Kmno4, Mini Tiramisu Bites, Td Bank Debit Card Activation Center Number, Round Rock Saskatoon, Regina To Moose Jaw, The Changeling Book Pdf, Orchid Species Name, Pharma Grade Hgh For Sale, Responsive Breadcrumbs Css, For The Time Being Meaning In Malayalam, How To Use Iconic Gift Card, Madison Park Dawn Quilt, Whole30 Cashew Coffee Creamerdunkin Donuts Chocolate Kreme, Ibank Corp Reviews, Associate Deputy Attorney General, Disabled Tour Operators,