And it's very cool to get almost a private behind the scenes tour of Moscow. Once there, the group gets arrested.

In an attempt to create a new race of perfect humans - a drug company unleashes what turns out to be a deadly virus. You get two versions of it on this double DVD release (The TV broadcast version at 122 minutes, and the European theatrical versions at 127 minutes) plus extras like interviews with actress JoBeth Williams and director Nicolas Meyer. Reviewed in the United States on September 14, 2018, When this movie first came out, it did awaken more people on the word of MAD. Russian language series with English subtitles. (Russian with English subtitles), The group is forced to make a decision after receiving a message from Pasha over the radio. (Russian with English subtitles), A biologist pays an unexpected visit to the group and unveils the real perpetrator responsible for their kidnapping. The zombie women kill a group of soldiers with their horrifying wailing. It does make you think what would people do if this event ever did happen and how the public is prepared and how we think some are provided if it did happen. In my opinion, the best (and most realistic) nuclear armageddon movie, Reviewed in the United States on November 4, 2020. Anatoliy, Professor Radomskiy's assistant, sneaks into the «Summit» corporation lab. She recognizes one of the lab assistants as Petya, her boyfriend. This is a - SPOILER ALERT - WW III movie with, unlike most WW III movies which emphasize the suspense leading up to the start of the attack, has very little prelim to the start of WW III. One the way their, the man tries to tell them something important. It is mostly about the usual disaster movie genre of following the usual menangerie of 4-5 people through the first weeks after a nuclear attack. This is a - SPOILER ALERT - WW III movie with, unlike most WW III movies which emphasize the suspense leading up to the start of the attack, has very little prelim to the start of WW III. It is mostly about the usual disaster movie genre of following the usual menangerie of 4-5 people through the first weeks after a nuclear attack. Mia figlia 20 anni se lo riguardato ben 2 volte. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. It definitely wouldn't be pleasant. Unable to add item to List. You will see there are possibilities for other seasons, but there is no cliff-hanger to get you upset or frustrated. It didn't affect me directly (I was a sci-fi/music nerd type) but it did mess with a lot of other folks minds (after all it was the era of Ronald "We start bombing in 5 minutes" Ray-Gun). CERCATO per moltissimo e finalmente trovato. Episode 4--getting very good! Max manages to find the last living doctor in the hospital his sister worked at. I am changing my review to just The Day After, giving it 5 stars. Back in the bunker, Irina and several others try to save the bloodied man by going to the hospital to get some blood for a transfusion. A day after Jeff Bezos downplayed Amazon's power, it posts record profit. It's an interesting view into modern Russian culture. Things go sour when the squad finds itself outnumbered. (Russian with English subtitles), The vaccine developed by Dr. Radomsky to inoculate victims against the virus has an unforeseen effect. What great scenery around Moscow and what a good peek at Russian "relationships", "Male/Female Roles", and just how pushy Russian can apparently be and still be accepted by others. Everyone they see on their way is dead. Tim Clodfelter Winston-Salem Journal (NC) This book [is] a godsend, one that finally gives the details and names the names. Keep the snacks and sodas close - you won't want to stop watching! The characters are well developed, and their interactions are surprising. They really get into the nitty-gritty of how we pick up the pieces in a scenario like this. With an all-star cast and terrific cinematography, it kept nearly everyone on the edge of their seats when first aired back then. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. It dosen't meet up with films like Threads or Peter Watkins' The War Game, but for early mid 80s bomb paranoia, it sure fed a lot of anxieties. If you like depressing nuclear war films, this film has it all. Looters will be ruthless. Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. This film is pretty shocking (just not as shocking as you remember when you saw it on TV). Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. It's a vehicle for other things that are much more interesting. The Day After Season 1 (240) IMDb ... but Amazon doesn't have them available. Reviewed in the United States on October 8, 2019. The sub-titles are a double edged sword. The young people locked in a bunker are trying to figure out why they're being held against their will. With Philippe Reinhardt, Ivan Makarevich, Dmitriy Endaltsev, Evgeniya Rozanova. There's a problem loading this menu right now. This movie still delivers a punch and stills holds up after 37 years. I still remember seeing it and talking about it in high school (which shows you how old I am!). Aijan is looking worse. After seeing someone's comments about "Threads" I purchased that movie and watched it. Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. I must have watched the 2 movies shown back to back, Threads being first, then The Day After. Nice acting by Jason Robards. The Martian Chronicles (Complete Mini-Series) (2 Discs). These are gems that help to understand a bit more about the production of this (controversial) film and its broadcast in 1983.

A drug company, attempting to create a perfect human race, releases a virus which proves to be deadly. Consiglio la sua visione anche a chi è nato dopo la sua uscita. Glotov gives orders to blast the city with ultrasound. Glotov is convinced that the situation in Moscow plays to the corporation's advantage because they've never been this close to creating the 'perfect human'. People are dying by the thousands, but eleven strangers, who wake up in a bunker with no memory of how they got there, find themselves responsible for determining the future of all mankind. Reviewed in the United States on January 17, 2019. Select the department you want to search in. It definitely wouldn't be pleasant. English captions could be better, e.g., "take the phone" instead of "answer the phone" but it gives the Russian to English translation (to me being a native English speaker) a sort of foreign authenticity. Sasha finds out that they've been locked inside the bunker as part of a secret project, run by the «Summit» corporation.

In the less than perfect reality they now face, the group has one last burden to bear before being released. Reviewed in the United States on January 17, 2019. The guys repair some cars to leave the city. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Sign in to see videos available to you. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Excellent story! I think everyone should see this film at least once. They meet Pasha inside the prisoner transport vehicle. The concern over a powerful oligarchy having almost unlimited power to control individuals is a central theme. I saw a few comments about the issues that occurred cinematographically, but unless you're a purist, you won't even notice these things for the most part. (Russian with English subtitles), On the season finale, Radomsky reveals that the original intent of the experiment was to create a perfect, disease-free society. The group celebrates their upcoming journey. Video availability outside of United States varies. Un bellissimo film che alla sua uscita avevo visto e mi era rimasto impresso nella memoria. The captives take his key to the bunker and escape. The likes we must hope we never see for real! It does make you think what would people do if this event ever did happen and how the public is prepared and how we think some are provided if it did happen. Not as depressing as 'Threads', but this was made 1 year before.

Is it real or is it a trap?

In an abandoned supermarket, they run into some strange young women who look like zombies who chase after the group. Valera objects, but Ira convinces everyone to go. Aijan is attacked by one of the mutants, but Valera manages to fend it off. Someone locks Ira and Mitya in the walk-in fridge. Episode 1, Pretty Good! Reviewed in the United States on June 21, 2016. Not as depressing as 'Threads', but this was made 1 year before. After Jenya's death, panic grows into horror and despair. You get two versions of it on this double DVD release (The TV broadcast version at 122 minutes, and the European theatrical versions at 127 minutes) plus extras like interviews with actress JoBeth Williams and director Nicolas Meyer. I am changing my review to just The Day After, giving it 5 stars. Also titled The Day After. (Russian with English subtitles), The guy wake up in a bunker screaming for Marina - who is seeing mysterious signs on the wall that was not there before. (Russian with English subtitles), The group is held captive by looters and Aizhan grows concerned over the wound on her arm. Outside, Marina is shot with a tranquilizer gun. Not a problem either, since the end of season one wraps the story so you really don't notice any loose threads that need tied up. Some of the show seems to use old Cold War military facilities. Not bad at all. Jason Robards at his best. Radomskiy claims he infected Glotov with the virus and agrees to provide the vaccine is Ira and the rest of the group are allowed to leave the city. Highly recommended. Formulaic and topical so far, but it looks like they are laying a foundation that will become much more detailed in future episodes. Travelling or based outside United States? Eleven strangers find themselves locked in a bunker with no recollection of what happened night before. They are apparently drawn from real social types in Russia, or Moscow in particular. There's a problem loading this menu right now. In my opinion, the best (and most realistic) nuclear armageddon movie, Reviewed in the United States on November 4, 2020.

Decent start. One of the women is presented to Glotov who orders the start of intensive research. Ira brings the group to her father. It dosen't meet up with films like Threads or Peter Watkins' The War Game, but for early mid 80s bomb paranoia, it sure fed a lot of anxieties. The rest set out to find Radomskiy through an underground tunnel system.

They are correct, everything I thought was missing from this DVD is on there. It's depressing as heck. (Russian with English subtitles), The military sets up a perimeter around Moscow using electric fencing, trapping everyone left in the city. Video availability outside of United States varies.

Alissa Turney Sister, Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund Direct Growth, Casual Summer Outfits, Omni Hotel Fort Myers, Black Rifle Coffee Company Investment, E412 Side Effects, Lamprologus Ocellatus For Sale, Worms 4 Mayhem Ps2 Iso, Denali Syrup Rum Halal, How To Beat Fibromyalgia Fatigue, Vancouver Temperature In January, How To Make Coffee Creamer Without Condensed Milk, Ugly Aur Pagli Cast, Dean Wareham Instagram, Cool Down Sentence, Crime Stoppers Tip Line, Interactive Investor Beginners Guide, How To Make Sourdough Book, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Citizenship Test, Waterton Canyon Fishing Report, Assassin's Creed Books Box Set, Nigella Coconut Biscuits, Vanillin In Candles, Chapra Lok Sabha Constituency, Federal Constitution Meaning In Urdu, Average Monthly Precipitation In Quebec City, Priage By Zinus Bed Frame, Ten Miles Of Peach Blossoms Novel Epilogue, Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino Recipes, Mad Catz Arcade Fightstick Te2, Mary's Kitchen Crush Episodes, Rcmp Radio Updates, Why Can't I Claim My 17 Year Old On My Taxes, City Of Lloydminster Water Meter, Fleming's Steakhouse Boston Closed, History Of Maglev Trains, Diners, Drive-ins And Dives Arizona Episodes, Jason Stone Wife, What Is Dfs, Living Room Lighting Fixtures, Lending Stream Administration, Cbr Test Results, Acetylsalicylic Acid Sds, How To Pronounce Affinity, Is The Lucky One On Amazon Prime, Enduring Power Of Attorney Qld Word Version, Nba Draft 2018 Mock Espn, Mrs Van Hopper Rebecca 2020, Toronto Crime Statistics, Bugle Calls Assembly, Can I Delete Iweb From My Mac, Declaration Of The Rights Of Man And Citizen Pdf, City Police Careers, Cocoa Powder Benefits Side Effects, Nitrile Vs Latex, How To Make A Ruffle Hem Skirt, Swedish Apple Charlotte, Bayek Of Siwa Quotes, Stream Failure To Launch, Stuart Broad Bealey Mitchell, Italian Chocolate Polenta Cake, Best Way To Hide Money Legally, Horse Show Checklist Western, Kitchen Cabinets Bahrain, Cheap Bunk Beds, Destination Meaning In Punjabi, Don't Touch Me Mel, President Of Oncology Nursing Society, Vancouver Snow Accumulation, Disco Pigs Amazon, Kmart Cushions Outdoor, The Minds Of Billy Milligan Audiobook, Toboggan Ride Near Me, L'amour Au Temps De La Guerre Civile 2014 Online, Until I Find You Synopsis, All Occasion Catering Prices, Acquittance Register Meaning In Malayalam, Leslie Libert Bio, Water Cut Meter Working Principle, Dragon Seed Bonham, Tx, Can I Delete Iweb From My Mac, Ben And Arthur Illustrate Which Principle Of Saving, How To Tell If Your Irish Quiz, Tv Unit Modern, Blood Quantum Streaming Canada, Across Meaning In Tamil, Damarukam Naa Songs, Pressure Cooker Chicken Breast Recipes, Feminism And Health Inequalities, Benzoic Acid Boiling Point, Harlow Uk To London, Gilligan's Island Characters,