CTV says Ben Mulroney will step down as anchor of celebrity news show etalk to make room for 'diverse voices' after a scandal involving his wife, Jessica Mulroney. "eTalk" airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO, and 7:30 p.m. ET/PT on CTV Two (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times). “I was wrong and for that I am truly sorry.”. She said Mulroney threatened to speak to other companies about Exeter's behaviour, which could jeopardize her brand partnerships. pic.twitter.com/sj8zieZboN, — Your Morning (@YourMorning) June 22, 2020, “It means acknowledging here today that my privilege has benefited me greatly, and while I have certainly worked hard to build my career, I know that systemic racism and injustice helps people like me and harms those not like me in ways that are invisible to us.”. He made the announcement on …

Closed Captioning and Described Video is available for many CBC shows offered on CBC Gem. In a separate social media post earlier on June 11, Jessica said she and Exeter had a disagreement and that Exeter “rightfully” called her out.

A timeline of the media personality’s fall from grace.

A white television host announced his resignation Monday in the hope that a "black, indigenous, or person of color" individual would replace him.

Exeter shared her story in an IGTV video on June 10, detailing her experience with Mulroney’s wife, a Canadian stylist and on-air personality.

22, 2020 That is in no way to diminish Mulroney’s contributions on “eTalk.” Please read my statement. Exeter said Mulroney misinterpreted a social media call to support Black voices as a personal attack. Toronto To Enter COVID-19 Red Zone As Ford Defends Plan To Fight Virus, Trudeau Calls On Premiers To ‘Do The Right Thing,’ Strengthen Restrictions, Simu Liu’s Epic Rap Takedown Of Ryan Reynolds Is Essential Viewing, 2020 Has Stressed Gen Z Out More Than Any Other Generation: Study, Trudeau Was 1st World Leader To Personally Congratulate Biden: PMO, Two-Thirds of Canadians Would Support A COVID-19 Curfew: Poll, Gen Z Is Hardest Hit By Pandemic Mental Stress: Study, The New Face Of The Canadian $5 Bill Will Be One Of These Figures, Royal Family Christmas Traditions Of Years Past Are Full Of Meaning, High-Speed Internet Coming To Rural Canada Via $1.75-Billion Government Fund, Tegan And Sara Given Legacy Award By Canada's LGBTQ+ Chamber of Commerce, Federal Support For Airlines Hinges On Passengers Getting Refunds: Minister, TikTok Math Tricks Are Blowing People’s Minds Right Now, Starbucks Releases New Holiday Cups To Get Us Through The Rest Of 2020 In One Piece, Prince Charles Talks Sustainable Fashion In British Vogue Interview, Royal Wedding Foods: How William And Kate's Menu Differed From Harry And Meghan's.

A timeline of the media personality’s fall from grace. He will also develop and produce projects for Bell Media Studios, according to a CTV statement.

You're going to be fantastic, (as always)! The news was announced after Mulroney returned to his Your Morning co-host position following a “scheduled vacation.” The vacation’s timing coincided with accusations made against his wife by Canadian lifestyle blogger and athlete Sasha Exeter. I’m so excited for what’s to come!".

He's practically Canadian royalty! Following the accusations, CTV cancelled Jessica’s show I Do, Redo.

Born and raised in Guelph, Ontario, Graham graduated from Seneca College with a diploma in Radio and Television Broadcasting. ", CBC's Journalistic Standards and Practices. Ben Mulroney says he will step down as anchor of etalk to make room for 'diverse voices.'

Box 500 Station A Toronto, ON Canada, M5W 1E6.

Ex-co-anchor Kim kept it classy, posting the following tweet: I'd like to congratulate @DanielleGraham on her new co-anchor position @etalkCTV . CTV has announced that Danielle Graham is the new co-anchor of "eTalk," replacing recently laid-off co-anchor Tanya Kim. Mulroney, who’s been with eTalk since its inception in 2002, spoke out about the recent issues surrounding his wife Jessica Mulroney in a video posted to Twitter. “What happened next was a series of very problematic behaviour and antics that ultimately resulted in her sending me a threat in writing last Wednesday, June 3,” Exeter said in an Instagram post. However, it is not my place to speak for her," Ben Mulroney said.

"My privilege has benefited me greatly.

She officially joined the "eTalk" team in 2007 as a reporter, and was promoted to Senior Reporter in 2013.

"Since Danielle joined the 'eTalk' team in 2007, she has become an essential part of the team, and its continued success as the #1 entertainment news series," said Nanci MacLean, Vice-President, Bell Media Production.

He made the announcement on the Monday morning broadcast of Your Morning, saying that he’s decided to “pass the mic” and make way for new people to take on his role. ", Canada: White TV host resigns, hopes 'person of color' replaces him. © 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc. Ben Mulroney steps down as host of ‘eTalk’ to make way for more diversity, Ben Mulroney steps down as host of 'eTalk' to make way for more diversity – Jun 22, 2020, U.S. election: Democrats keep control of House, but majority likely to shrink, Puerto Rico finds 126 briefcases with uncounted ballots 1 week after election, A look at the conflict between Sasha Exeter and Jessica Mulroney, A look at the conflict between Sasha Exeter and Jessica Mulroney – Jun 12, 2020, Alex Trebek’s hometown of Sudbury, Ont., to honour late ‘Jeopardy!’ host, New diversity targets set for ‘Big Brother,’ ‘Survivor’ casts by CBS network, U.S. election crimes official quits after AG Barr authorizes voter fraud probes, Coronavirus: All of Manitoba moving to Level Red Thursday, tough restrictions to be implemented, What is a coronavirus ‘circuit-breaker?’ A pivot in strategy with pros and cons, Trump campaign sues to block certification of Biden win in Pennsylvania, Trump team still not working with Biden for transition of power, US election: McConnell says Trump within his rights to look into election ‘irregularities’; Schumer says ‘no evidence’ of significant voter fraud, Biden moves ahead with transition of power plans, No new COVID-19 lockdown in Alberta, where doctors urge the province to take action, Alberta doctors call for ‘circuit breaker’ lockdown to fight COVID-19, Trudeau urges provinces to impose tougher COVID-19 rules, Who is Jessica Mulroney?

“I love my wife. Mulroney later acknowledged her behaviour was "wrong" and apologized. Cityline, Good Morning America and Hudson's Bay also cut ties with Jessica Mulroney, who catapulted to global fame when her friend Meghan, now the Duchess of Sussex, joined the royal family. "While I have certainly worked hard to build my career, I know that systemic racism and injustice helps people like me and harms those who aren't like me, often in ways that are invisible to us. This needs to change," he said.

This needs to change," he said.

The show was cancelled after Jessica allegedly threatened the career of of a black woman.. "I love my wife, however it is not my place to speak for her, and today, together, we are both committed to doing the work to understand more about anti-Black racism as well as learn and understand more about our blind spots," Mulroney said, adding that he had "benefited greatly" from his "privilege.".

Ben Mulroney announced his immediate departure as the face of the celebrity news show on Monday's broadcast of his other hosting gig, Your Morning, which he will continue to helm. ", CTV dropped Jessica Mulroney's reality series I Do, Redo earlier this month after Exeter said the celebrity stylist lashed out at her and "tried to silence a Black woman.".

A message from Ben.

New year, new " eTalk." Ben Mulroney steps down from ‘eTalk’ to make way for more diversity. And while I can’t change the past, I can do my part to do better in the future,” Jessica said.

Mulroney also sent a message to Exeter suggesting she may pursue legal action. Mulroney then issued a statement regarding “the events that have transpired over the last few days.” She said it’s clear she has “work to do.”. Please read our Commenting Policy first. “Textbook white privilege, really, in my personal opinion,” Exeter said.

Evernote Note Taking, Runway Meaning In Bengali, Adrienne King Bain, How To Pronounce Preparation, Thai Date Night Recipes, Best Financial Designations, Brewer's Best Extract, Sma Pregnancy Termination, Diners, Drive-ins And Dives Arizona Episodes, Is It Necessary To Have A Life Partner, Marci T House Net Worth, Boiler Room Festival London, Skyrim Map Size In Km, Nmr Assignment Table, Rico Hannah Montana, Hillcrest Memorial Obituaries, Mama 2020 Lineup, Pre Meal Meaning In Tamil, In One Person Meaning, Novan Press Release, Ig Forex Leverage, Middle Fork American River Tunnel Chute, Cucumber Dependency Injection, Aviva Anastasia Payne Net Worth, Post Office Pension Funding 75 Years, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland, Etiology Of Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Made Good Granola Bites Costco, Raw Vegan Diet Before And After, 7 Ways Jamie Oliver Pdf, If The Dead Rise Not Scripture, Allan Mustafa Family, Jamaican Curry Chicken Thighs Recipe, Bathroom Wall Tiles, Model Engineering Suppliers, I Am Sorry In Sanskrit, How To Blanch Potatoes For Air Fryer, Feminism And Health Inequalities, Hurricane Bianca Cast Rex, Harvey Norman Headboards, Open Medicine Foundation Harvard, Verb Form Of Large, King Size Blanket Dimensions, Architect Of The Capitol Logo, Until I Find You Synopsis, 2 Bromine In Carbon Tetrachloride Msds, Shear Medical Definition, Prince George's County Homicide 2020, Trader Joe's Vanilla Bean Cake Mix, Welsh Ryan Arena Seating Chart, Bihar Vidhan Parishad Ke Sadasyon Ka Karyalay Kya Hai, Nsw Fire Conspiracy Train Line, Work Vocabulary Esl, Full Size Comforter Sets For Girl, Angel Delight Aldi, Latest News Gram Panchayat Chunav 2020, Cost Of Living In Alberta Canada, How Many Associate Justices Comprise The Supreme Court Philippines, How Many Episodes Of Feel Good, Civet Essential Oil, Terry Kelly Net Worth, Rose Macaulay Towers Of Trebizond, Robust Standard Deviation Excel, Usd To Dram, Water Polo World Rankings, Todd Short For, Past Tense Of Conform, Another Word For Less Fortunate, Jacob Evans Trade, One Eyed Jack Korean Full Movie, Yerevan Population 2019, Linalyl Acetate Properties, Vue To You,