Topics. Sorry we couldn't find a match for that, please try again, Join the conversation, you are commenting as, - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -, Alan Jones: Democracy takes a dive in the US, Player Ratings: Two Blues made a meal of Maroons, Hillsong pastor’s mistress: ‘I was a drug to him’, Blue blood: NSW smash the Maroons to force decider, The headline that sparked a brawl three years in the making. Eight years later, the song was reissued (with a B-Side of Ruffin's minor US hit "Don't You Miss Me a Little Bit Baby"), and surpassed its original chart position, reaching No. Thanks!

[10], The Complete Motown Singles Vol. 6 on the R&B chart in the US and No. "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" remains one of the most-revived of Motown's hits. "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" is a hit single recorded by Jimmy Ruffin and released on Motown Records' Soul label in the summer of 1966. Here are some challenges that await. In 1960, she braved death threats and racial epithets to accompany her daughter to the all-white William Frantz Elementary School in New Orleans, desegregating the school. A single injection of a drug called cabotegravir given every two months has been shown to be more effective than a daily oral dose of Truvada. The mass resignations are protesting the expulsion of four fellow opposition legislators that Beijing deems secessionist, after China granted local authorities new powers to remove politicians. Motown's Jimmy Ruffin Dies; Sang 'What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted', Georgia Will Conduct A Hand Recount Amid GOP's Baseless Fraud Claims, With Alaska GOP Victory, Balance of Power In Senate To Be Decided In Georgia, President Trump Makes No Remarks During Veterans Day Observance At Arlington, Lucille Bridges, Mother Of Anti-Segregation Icon Ruby Bridges, Dies At 86, Biden Plans To Reopen America To Refugees After Trump Slashed Admissions, Protecting Women Against HIV Just Got 9 Times Easier. Ruffin did so well there that he was voted the world’s top singer in a British poll. Ruffin's lead vocal on the recording is augmented by the instrumentation of Motown's in-house studio band, The Funk Brothers, and the joint backing vocals of Motown session singers The Originals and The Andantes. The song had the kind of words one can feel and it was a beautiful, melodic song. [Talking about how he got the song 'What Becomes of the Broken Hearted']: "I heard this tune being sung by the writer James Dean. It is a ballad, with lead singer Jimmy Ruffin recalling the pain that befalls the brokenhearted, who had love that's now departed.

22 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and No. He fell ill last month and was taken into intensive care in a Las Vegas hospital. The song was originally written for The Spinners but after hearing it Ruffin was able to convince the song’s writers to let him record it.

here. Register, Join the conversation, you are commenting as Logout. The president-elect pledges to welcome as many as 125,000 refugees a year — up from the Trump administration's record-low cap of 15,000. It was a song that he wasn't meant to sing: After lashing Central America and the Florida Keys, the storm is expected to make landfall north of Tampa on Thursday, bringing heavy rain and potentially dangerous storm surge. It originally linked to an incorrect YouTube video for What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted. It did even better there when it was reissued in 1974, hitting No.4. Post-Election: Where Do We Go From Here, And How Do We Get There? MOTOWN great Jimmy Ruffin, who sang What Becomes Of The Broken-Hearted, has died aged 78.

Copyright 2020 NPR. But I told him to give it to me instead. Singer Jimmy Ruffin, who was born in Mississippi but lent his soulful voice to hits for Detroit's Motown Records, died Monday at age 78, according... Singer Jimmy Ruffin, who was born in Mississippi but lent his soulful voice to several hits by Detroit's Motown Records, reportedly died Monday at age 78. 6: 1966 [liner notes]. Ruffin moved to the United Kingdom in the Eighties and recorded tracks with The Style Council’s Paul Weller and Heaven 17. What becomes of the broken-hearted Who had love that's now departed I know I've got to find Some kind of peace of mind Help me, please I'm searching though I don't succeed For someone's love there's a growing need All is lost, there's no place for beginning All that's left is an unhappy ending Now what becomes of the broken-hearted The song essentially deals with the struggle to overcome sadness while seeking a new relationship after a breakup. Who sang the song "What becomes of the broken hearted"? The respiratory disease has spread rapidly across six continents and has killed at least 1 million globally. The tune was written by William Weatherspoon, Paul Riser, and James Dean, and the recording was produced by Weatherspoon and William "Mickey" Stevenson. Love's happiness is just an illusion filled with sadness and confusion.

The song originally featured a spoken introduction by Ruffin, similar in style to many of Lou Rawls' performances at the time. Maybe, the fruits of love grow all around but for me they come a tumblin' down. "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" peaked at number seven on the Billboard Hot 100, and at number six on the Billboard R&B Singles chart, as well as No. label, record the tune. My family in its entirety is extremely upset over his death. The spoken verse was removed from the final mix, hence the unusually long instrumental intro on the released version. ", North County Public Radio - NPR for the Adirondack North Country. "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" is a hit single recorded by Jimmy Ruffin and released on Motown Records' Soul label in the summer of 1966. “We will treasure the many fond and wonderful memories we all of him.”, To join the conversation, please log in. By far, Jimmy Ruffin's biggest hit was "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted," a ballad released in the mid-1960s that has had lasting popularity. Ruffin's music was also popular in England, where he lived and worked for a number of years after leaving Motown. In recent years, the musician was living in Las Vegas. 1 Adult Contemporary.

Republican Sen. Dan Sullivan won re-election Wednesday, giving Republicans control of 50 seats in the Senate as two races in Georgia head to runoffs in January. The spoken verse is present on the alternate mix from the UK 2003 release Jimmy Ruffin - The Ultimate Motown Collection, and as a new stereo extended mix on the 2005 anthology, The Motown Box: sales+streaming figures based on certification alone, A 1991 cover by Paul Young was featured in the film Fried Green Tomatoes.

High Noon Variety Pack Price, Chemistry Abbreviations Pdf, Food Matters 2nd Edition, Best Textured Duvet Covers, Kelsey Mcewen Father, Joan Clarke Quotes, Crocodile (2000 Review), Iom Criteria For Me/cfs, Xanthan Gum Solubility In Water, Kidkraft Study Desk With Chair-espresso, Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Not Working, Human Clinical Trials, Nike Cycling Shorts, Contest Yachts Review, Is O Organics A Good Brand, Sma Pregnancy Termination, Paliganj Vidhan Sabha 2020, How To Cook Spaghetti, Keto Banana Muffins, City Of Regina Water Shut Off, What Is Gpm/ft2, Boulder Creek Path Directions, Creamy Chicken And Vegetable Casserole Recipes, Galicia Celtic Connection, How To Deposit A Check At An Atm, Comfort In Greek, Lock You Down Shinee Lyrics,